Green Skills For A Green Economy
Organized by the Centre for Sustainable Development
July 6th & 7th, 2017
“The National Green skill conference is thoughtful platform for the youth, which emerged from the background of youth unemployment challenges, skill shortages and the mainly importance of developing climate resilient communities”
The National Green Skills conference is being hosted by Centre For Sustainable Development with support of Skill Council for Green Jobs (SCGJ)in Bangalore on 6th &7th July 2017, to provide a platform for Industry, government and those seeking green skills training and employment to come together to evolve a way forward to bridge the gap between demand and supply of the skill market for future economy.
Green Skill Academy
Green Skill Academy(GSA)a first of its kind initiative by CSD in association with NSDC ,to train 24,000 people in the next 7 years in skills such as Renewable energy, Waste Water treatment, climate resilient cities, green construction and so on would be launched at the National Green Skills Conference on 6th July’17.
Thematic areas for Green skill-
- Green Entrepreneurship
- Renewable Energy
- Green Construction
- Smart Cities.
- Climate Resilient cities
- Environmental sustainability
Benefits of Industries-
- Cost Reduction on HR Benefit
- Standardization of job requirement, skills, competencies across the industry curriculum and content development of training fresh employees
- Training and competence building for their potential manpower and of existing job holders under RPL
- Learning Frameworks and Career Pathways for employees
- Assessment and certification to assure quality of manpower hired Adoption of National & Global best practices
Benefits for youth-
- Skill and competency development.
- Increased employment opportunity.
- Knowledge sharing
Benefits for NGO’s –
- Opportunities to get involved with Green Skills Academy
- Meet with industry and government representatives
Expected Participants -
- Industries categorized under environment, water and energy,
- NGOs working on sustainability and skill sectors.
- Consultancies ,Students and research scholars from all over India
- Government agencies
- A broad assessment of technological and human resource capabilities to address green skills training and development.
- An understanding of industry demand for green skills and employment potential
- Way forward for a National Green Skills Agenda 2022 in line with the Prime Minister’s Vision of New India.
Contact – Priyanka- 08065603839 ,